Wine Roads of Greece
This one’s for the adults! Come with us to discover the wine trails and tasting rooms of Greece’s own equivalent to Napa Valley. This private tour includes tastings several wineries, lunch at another, and a full VIP walk through a vineyard with a real Greek vintner to show you behind the scenes of some of the best wine this side of the alps!
Are you staying with Greek Vacation Rentals?
Don’t Forget to use your discount code.
Planning on booking multiple tours and transfers, email us for your friends and family discount code.
1-4 persons $431.00 5-8 persons $604.00 9-14 persons $699.00 15-21 persons $759.00 22-50 persons $828.00
- Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Activity Level Challenging
- Group Size Small Group
A Day in Greek Wine Country
In ancient lore, Nemea was famous as the home of the mythological Nemean Lion, killed by Hercules as the first of his twelve labors. Now, however, Nemea is best known as one of Greece’s premier wine growing regions–a different kind of dangerous! On our wine road tour, you’ll walk along Nemea’s specially designated “wine roads” and visit three different wineries in the heartland of Greece’s vineyard country. Taste the product of agiorgitiko, a variety of grape native to Peloponnese region that gives Nemean wine its distinctive fruity quality. Most of these wineries and vineyards are far from the industrial operations we’re used to seeing in the United States. With us, you’ll talk to a real vintner, and learn some of the secrets of Greek wine, thousands of years in the making!
- Driver in Air-Conditioned Vehicle
- Winery Lunch
- Tasting Stops at 3 Separate Vineyards
- Pickup From Apartment
Our knowledgeable licensed driver and guide will pick you up from your place of lodging in the morning. This is a full day tour, so make sure you eat a good breakfast and bring lots of energy!
- The Drive
The route to the Nemean Wine region almost makes the trip worth it by itself. A scenic drive across the northern coast of the Saronic gulf and across the Corinth Canal into the Argoloid, the journey to your first stop is roughly an hour and a half, not too long, yet still plenty of time to build up an appetite for some grapes!
- Winery Stops 1 & 2 Tastings
There are dozens of wineries in the Nemea region, so there is no lack of options for your wine day! The first two stops of this tour entail standard tastings at two select Nemea wineries. The nature of the agiorgitiko grape, unique to Greece and noted for its thick skin and small fruit, means that Nemean wine is often known for being a rich and full red, but variations in the landscape (and the preferences of individual winemakers) will also give you a healthy dose of diversity on your tasting palate.
- Winery Stop 3 Tour
Your third and final winery stop is an entire tour experience. Not only will you get to taste the product, the vintner themself will make an appearance to show you face to face how the product is made! Walk through the vines, taste the grapes, and see the step by step process that turns a grapevine into the bottle you see on your dinner table.
- Winery Stop 3 Lunch
Of course, you can’t leave without the final tasting of the day. This one, however, comes with lunch attached! Our favorite family owned vineyard will provide you with a gourmet, VIP meal in their private dining room to go along with the tasting of the day. When you leave, you’ll leave satisfied, perhaps with a bottle (or two!) in tow.
Finally, get some rest and relaxation in your air-conditioned vehicle as you return to Athens for the evening and contemplate your fruitful day.
Have you already booked accommodations for your time in Athens? If not, let us take care of everything, and stay hassle-free! Our Greek apartments are centrally located, impeccably maintained, and include the possibilities to accommodate anywhere from 2 to 20 guests. All of our apartments come with luxury Posturpedic mattresses imported from the US, kitchens with fully loaded appliances, and, a rarity in central Athens, washing machines and dryers. Several have balconies or verandas, and nearly all have grand views of the city and its landmarks. For more details, see the Accommodations drop down menu above, and go check out our primary booking website at www.greekvacationrentals.com. In the meantime, feel free to browse your options here:
- 3 Bedrooms (sleeps up to 8), 2.5 Bathrooms
- 1 block away from Acropolis & Ancient Agora
- Private courtyard & garden
- Perfect for families
- 4 Bedrooms (sleeps up to 12), 4 Bathrooms
- All bedrooms include en-suite bathroom
- Veranda and rooftop terrace with unobstructed Acropolis view
- Fully stocked luxury kitchen
- Option for private chef and maid services
- 3 Bedrooms (sleeps up to 12), 3 Bathrooms
- Landscaped outdoor terrace (shared with our neighboring Acropolis View Beta apartment)
- Extensive common area/living space, perfect for large groups
- Recently rehabbed/renovated with brand-new kitchen, appliances, & plumbing
- 3 Bedrooms (sleeps up to 8), 2 Bathrooms
- Landscaped outdoor terrace (shared with Acropolis View AlphaPlus)
- 3 Museums within 1 mile; Acropolis & Old City within 2 miles
- Bedrooms are perfect for families with children
- 6 Bedroom, (sleeps up to 24), 5 Bathrooms
- Private landscaped outdoor terrace
- Acropolis view from your own private landscaped outdoor terrace
- Views, Views, Views
- Megasuite that sleeps up to 24 guests.
- Created especially for large travel groups: combines Acropolis View AlphaPlus & Beta
- The comfort of home in Athens!
- 3 Bedrooms (sleeps up to 9), 2 Bathrooms
- Multi-level apartment, perfect for couples and families travelling together
- Two private verandas, plus roof terrace overlooking Acropolis
- Indoor parking included
- Fully stocked luxury kitchen
- 2.5 Bedrooms (sleeps up to 8), 2 Bathrooms
- Downtown location, walking distance to Acropolis
- Two private verandas perfectly overlooking Mt. Lykavittos
- Two farmers markets nearby – perfect for those who love home cooking!