Multi-Day Tours: Santorini and Athens
Experience the best of both Athens and its most famous islands with this week-long trip that offers both several adventure-packed days in Athens and the surrounding area as well as leisurely stays on the Cycladic islands of Mykonos and Santorini.
- Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Activity Level
- Group Size Small Group
When thinking about Greece, usually just a couple things come to people’s minds: the classical tourism of Athens, and the relaxing, sublime sightseeing of the Mediterranean islands. But actually planning it all out can be quite the hassle. So, let us take care of it for you, and give you the best of both worlds! This week-long trip includes three nights in Athens, complete with guided tours and accommodations in our centrally located and well kept vacation rentals, and four nights between the Cycladic islands of Mykonos and Santorini, some of Europe’s most beautiful and desirable vacation destinations. Whether your trip begins or ends with a stay in Athens is up to you, but whatever you choose, between the food and ancient sites of Athens and the pristine waters, black sands, and village life of the Cycladic islands, it will certainly be a week to remember!
- Full accommodations in Athens, Mykonos, and Santorini (see Accommodations tab for more details)
- Boat transfers from Athens –> Mykonos & Santorini (flight options available, see Accommodations for more details)
- Three highly rated, pre-planned Athens food & sightseeing tours, complete with licensed guide and air conditioned vehicle
- Airfare between Athens & islands (optional)
- Guided tours of Mykonos & Santorini
- Admission price to sites
All of our vacation tour packages come with airport and marina transfers included: if your vacation starts with a stay in Athens, we’ll pick you up from the airport and take you to your apartment; if you want to end in Athens, we’ll take you from the airport to the boat, and back to the airport at the very end.
Your three nights in Athens come with three of our specialty tours included as a part of package.
First, you have our two half-day adventures. The Foodie Walking Feast starts with a traditional Greek breakfast before taking you on a walking tour of Athens’ market district, complete with several stops for sampling and lunch at our favorite spot little known to most tourists. Then, the afternoon will take you to Cape Sounion & the Temple of Poseidon, for which the breathtaking cliffside drive is a worthwhile experience unto itself. The view from the Temple of Poseidon on a bluff overlooking the Aegean Sea is nearly unrivaled, as is a sunset dinner at the nearby fishing town of Nafplion.
The third offer of this package is a hefty Acropolis & City Full Day Tour. This is a morning through afternoon fully guided experience of all that Athens’ historic center has to offer, from the Parthenon and the ancient Acropolis to Syntagma Square, the National Gardens, and some of modern Greece’s most important landmarks. For your entire stay in Athens, and this tour especially, we highly recommend purchasing an Acropolis & Sites joint ticket for €30 (€15 for senior EU citizens and university students with ID), which grants you access to everything you’ll want to see in the vicinity of the Acropolis and old Athens.
Upon arriving at Mykonos, you’d be forgiven for feeling a little like Don Quixote: though the island has its place in ancient Greek mythology as the site of a battle between Hercules and the giants of Mount Olympus, one of Mykonos’ best known attractions is its collection of picturesque thatched roof windmills! You’ll be staying in the island’s principle town, often called Cholos, famous for its charming beaches, whether you want to relax in the sun, swim, or even party! Mykonos has almost everything you could ask for in a sort trip to a Cycladic island: a smattering of small villages, ports, local markets, a couples of 17th century churches, fresh seaside meals, and one of Greece’s oldest archaeological museums. A day trip to nearby Delos, mythical birthplace of Apollo and Artemis and therefore one of the most sacred and important places to the ancients, is completely within reason. Whatever you choose to do, this exemplary Cycladic island will not disappoint.
There are many who believe that Santorini, also known as Theras, is actually the historical bases for the legend of Atlantis: this beautiful island, one of the farthest from the Greek mainland, was once a thriving ancient port town before the massive underwater volcano that forms the island’s inner coast destroyed it and much of the earliest Greek civilization around 1600 BCE. That being the case, one of Santorini’s must-see sites is the ancient Akrotiri, the wonderfully preserved ruins of a city more than 3500 years old.
Of course, that’s just the tip of what you can do in Santorini. Anywhere you go (the island has a number of villages, totaling a population around 15,000), you’ll find be surrounded by the gorgeous whitewashed stonemasonry typical of Cycladic architecture, a dazzling contrast to its beaches of black volcanic sand. Take a hike up to the island’s highest peak, where you’ll find a monastery dedicated to the Prophet Ilias, or if you prefer, visit one of the famous wineries that dot the island, or even its Wine Museum! Of course, there’s plenty of idyllic day to day island life to see, if you’re looking for something a little more low-key. Regardless, whether the first or last stop of your trip, you’ll find leaving a lot more difficult than arriving.
Have you already booked accommodations for your time in Athens? If not, let us take care of everything, and stay hassle-free! Our Greek apartments are centrally located, impeccably maintained, and include the possibilities to accommodate anywhere from 2 to 20 guests. All of our apartments come with luxury Posturpedic mattresses imported from the US, kitchens with fully loaded appliances, and, a rarity in central Athens, washing machines and dryers. Several have balconies or verandas, and nearly all have grand views of the city and its landmarks. For more details, see the Accommodations drop down menu above, and go check out our primary booking website at www.greekvacationrentals.com. In the meantime, feel free to browse your options here:
- 2 Bedrooms (sleeps up to 6), 1.5 Bathrooms
- 1 block away from Acropolis & Ancient Agora
- Private courtyard & garden
- Perfect for families
- 4 Bedrooms (sleeps up to 12), 4 Bathrooms
- All bedrooms include en-suite bathroom
- Veranda and rooftop terrace with unobstructed Acropolis view
- Fully stocked luxury kitchen
- Option for private chef and maid services
- 3 Bedrooms (sleeps up to 12), 3 Bathrooms
- Landscaped outdoor terrace (shared with our neighboring Acropolis View Beta apartment)
- Extensive common area/living space, perfect for large groups
- Recently rehabbed/renovated with brand-new kitchen, appliances, & plumbing
- 3 Bedrooms (sleeps up to 8), 2 Bathrooms
- Landscaped outdoor terrace (shared with Acropolis View AlphaPlus)
- 3 Museums within 1 mile; Acropolis & Old City within 2 miles
- Bedrooms are perfect for families with children
- Created especially for large travel groups: combines Acropolis View AlphaPlus & Beta to form 6 Bedroom, 5 Bathroom megasuite that sleeps up to 24 guests.
- 3 Bedrooms (sleeps up to 9), 2 Bathrooms
- Multi-level apartment, perfect for couples and families travelling together
- Two private verandas, plus roof terrace overlooking Acropolis
- Indoor parking included
- Fully stocked luxury kitchen
- 2.5 Bedrooms (sleeps up to 8), 2 Bathrooms
- Downtown location, walking distance to Acropolis
- Two private verandas perfectly overlooking Mt. Lykavittos
- Two farmers markets nearby – perfect for those who love home cooking!