Pita, Pita, Pita! Private Cooking Lessons
You’d be shocked to discover how much the Greeks can do with the simple (yet delicious!) pita. With this private cooking lesson, you can learn all about it, and have a souvenir to bring home that’ll never get old!
Cost is $62.70/person or $145 minimum ($31.35 for children under 10)
- Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday TypeTours
- Activity Level Leisurely
- Group Size Small Group
Ah, the Greek “pita”. Walk down any street, anywhere in Greece, you’ll see endless pita shops. Just as endless is the list of what you can make with a pita: Tyropita, Spanakopita, Prasopita, Kolokythopita, Kreatopita, Zambonotyropita … and the list goes on. Greece’s place at the intersection of Eastern and Western culture is in great part what makes it–and its food–so special. Few things in Greek cuisine embody this blend quite like the pita. Though middle-eastern in origin, for years the Greeks have put their own twists on this staple, whether it’s using it for sweets, with a dip as an appetizer, or as a wrap for a gyro and other kinds of sandwiches. Now, you can wow your friends and family back home with your fabulous filo skills.
Walking the streets of Athens, looking over the cases filled with these filo wrapped treats – few can pass them up. Now you can wow your friends and family back home with your fabulous filo skills. With our private Pita cooking class, you’ll learn how to make not one, not two, but three different pita creations, all from scratch. First, you’ll learn how to make your own homemade dough and twist it into a savory pita, to be eaten all on its own. Next, using fine, flaky, filo dough, you can create a delicious pita casserole, with the freshest ingredients of the day. And what would a full Greek meal be without dessert? You’ll “wrap” up your lesson with a sweet fruit & filo dessert pita that’ll leave your appetite sated, but already wishing you could start over again.
This is just one of our fabulous foodie adventures: for more food-based tours and experiences, explore the following:
- Cooking materials
Have you already booked accommodations for your time in Athens? If not, let us take care of everything, and stay hassle-free! Our Greek apartments are centrally located, impeccably maintained, and include the possibilities to accommodate anywhere from 2 to 20 guests. All of our apartments come with luxury Posturpedic mattresses imported from the US, kitchens with fully loaded appliances, and, a rarity in central Athens, washing machines and dryers. Several have balconies or verandas, and nearly all have grand views of the city and its landmarks. For more details, see the Accommodations drop down menu above, and go check out our primary booking website at www.greekvacationrentals.com. In the meantime, feel free to browse your options here:
- 2 Bedrooms (sleeps up to 6), 1.5 Bathrooms
- 1 block away from Acropolis & Ancient Agora
- Private courtyard & garden
- Perfect for families
- 4 Bedrooms (sleeps up to 12), 4 Bathrooms
- All bedrooms include en-suite bathroom
- Veranda and rooftop terrace with unobstructed Acropolis view
- Fully stocked luxury kitchen
- Option for private chef and maid services
- 3 Bedrooms (sleeps up to 12), 3 Bathrooms
- Landscaped outdoor terrace (shared with our neighboring Acropolis View Beta apartment)
- Extensive common area/living space, perfect for large groups
- Recently rehabbed/renovated with brand-new kitchen, appliances, & plumbing
- 3 Bedrooms (sleeps up to 8), 2 Bathrooms
- Landscaped outdoor terrace (shared with Acropolis View AlphaPlus)
- 3 Museums within 1 mile; Acropolis & Old City within 2 miles
- Bedrooms are perfect for families with children
- Created especially for large travel groups: combines Acropolis View AlphaPlus & Beta to form 6 Bedroom, 5 Bathroom megasuite that sleeps up to 24 guests.
- 3 Bedrooms (sleeps up to 9), 2 Bathrooms
- Multi-level apartment, perfect for couples and families travelling together
- Two private verandas, plus roof terrace overlooking Acropolis
- Indoor parking included
- Fully stocked luxury kitchen
- 2.5 Bedrooms (sleeps up to 8), 2 Bathrooms
- Downtown location, walking distance to Acropolis
- Two private verandas perfectly overlooking Mt. Lykavittos
- Two farmers markets nearby – perfect for those who love home cooking!