Athens Street Art Tour
Everyone knows that Athens is famous for its ancient structures, but the city has an interesting new culture of street art that is often misunderstood and not well appreciated by visitors. On this guided tour, you’ll be shown the newest, best, and coolest of public and street art in Athens, and the significance behind them.
1-4 persons $259.00 5-8 persons $431.00 9-14 persons $552.00 15-21 persons $587.00 22-50 persons $656.00
- Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Sight Seeing
- Activity Level Challenging
- Group Size Small Group
Everyone knows that Athens is famous for its ancient structures, but the city has an interesting new culture of street art that is often misunderstood and not well appreciated by visitors.
This half day (4 hour) private walking tour will introduce you to some of the city’s best street art – so that by the end of your tour you’ll find yourself recognizing who’s who amongst the city’s ever increasing street murals. Led by an artist, a lifelong Athenian who mixes his passion for the graphic art and design and his love Athens during this on and off the beaten path walking tour – you’ll find yourself exploring parts of the city you would never have visited and then, if you are like us (and most of our guests) you’ll have hard time not stopping to admire the graffiti and street art all around us.
- Meet Your Guide
You’ll meet your knowledgeable and experienced guide at the designated location – inquire for more details.
- Places You Might See Include:
Located just northwest of the Acropolis, this formerly industrial neighborhood is home to a massive abandoned gasworks, which has since been renovated into a museum and art exhibition center.
Only a little further north, Metaxourgeio is a rapidly growing area centered around the Avdi Square, a cultural hub for public art, gardens, and other creative displays. The neighborhood is also home to the Municipal Art Gallery of Athens
Head a little bit east, and you’ll find yourself in this neighborhood, which might be considered the home of Athenian street art culture.
Have you already booked accommodations for your time in Athens? If not, let us take care of everything, and stay hassle-free! Our Greek apartments are centrally located, impeccably maintained, and include the possibilities to accommodate anywhere from 2 to 20 guests. All of our apartments come with luxury Posturpedic mattresses imported from the US, kitchens with fully loaded appliances, and, a rarity in central Athens, washing machines and dryers. Several have balconies or verandas, and nearly all have grand views of the city and its landmarks. For more details, see the Accommodations drop down menu above, and go check out our primary booking website at www.greekvacationrentals.com. In the meantime, feel free to browse your options here:
- 2 Bedrooms (sleeps up to 6), 1.5 Bathrooms
- 1 block away from Acropolis & Ancient Agora
- Private courtyard & garden
- Perfect for families
- 4 Bedrooms (sleeps up to 12), 4 Bathrooms
- All bedrooms include en-suite bathroom
- Veranda and rooftop terrace with unobstructed Acropolis view
- Fully stocked luxury kitchen
- Option for private chef and maid services
- 3 Bedrooms (sleeps up to 12), 3 Bathrooms
- Landscaped outdoor terrace (shared with our neighboring Acropolis View Beta apartment)
- Extensive common area/living space, perfect for large groups
- Recently rehabbed/renovated with brand-new kitchen, appliances, & plumbing
- 3 Bedrooms (sleeps up to 8), 2 Bathrooms
- Landscaped outdoor terrace (shared with Acropolis View AlphaPlus)
- 3 Museums within 1 mile; Acropolis & Old City within 2 miles
- Bedrooms are perfect for families with children
- Created especially for large travel groups: combines Acropolis View AlphaPlus & Beta to form 6 Bedroom, 5 Bathroom megasuite that sleeps up to 24 guests.
- 3 Bedrooms (sleeps up to 9), 2 Bathrooms
- Multi-level apartment, perfect for couples and families travelling together
- Two private verandas, plus roof terrace overlooking Acropolis
- Indoor parking included
- Fully stocked luxury kitchen
- 2.5 Bedrooms (sleeps up to 8), 2 Bathrooms
- Downtown location, walking distance to Acropolis
- Two private verandas perfectly overlooking Mt. Lykavittos
- Two farmers markets nearby – perfect for those who love home cooking!