Athens City Break in 4 days
Duration: 4 Days / 3 nights
Valid from: all year
Program Schedule: daily
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Challenging
This is a 4-day tour, so be sure to be well-rested and ready for a breathtaking day of Greek adventure. Over the course of the 4 days, your guide will walk you through innumerable sights and experiences in Athens’ endlessly fascinating historic districts. Starting at your own lodging, you’ll encounter everything from guided tours of ancient stadiums and temples to more leisurely walks through historic neighborhoods and stops at modern museums and monuments. It’s all the incredible tourist experiences of Athens, combined with exploration of sites and knowledge that only a local would know.
- 3 nights in Athens at your chosen Hotel category
- Daily breakfast
- Arrival and departure private transfers in Athens
- Orientation meeting with representative on arrival in Athens for a local guidance and assistance in the transfer.
- City tour in Athens, Acropolis and the museum with official English speaking guide, including entrances.
- Hotel taxes
Price of lunch and admission to the museums and archaeological sites are not included.
After your arrival in Athens our representative will meet you and assist with your transfer to your Hotel in Athens. Enjoy the rest of the day free to have a first impression of the City.
Athens – Sightseeing
Athens Sightseeing – In the morning we begin our visit of Athens showing the highlights of the city with a panoramic tour in the center. We will see the Hadrian’s Arch and the Temple of Zeus and after to the Constitution square called
«Syntagma» where the presidential guard, called «Evzones», is in front of the Greek parliament and the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. Then we will pass by the Presidential Residence and the Panathinaikos stadium that was originally built in 329aC, where the first Olympics of the modern era in 1896 were held. After the drive through the center, we will visit the Acropolis and Parthenon, this magnificent monument built during the Golden age of Pericles at the time of 447BC dedicated to the Goddess Athena. Finally, we will visit the new Acropolis Museum, a building of a modern architecture, with the unique antiquities from the Acropolis.
After the tour, enjoy a free afternoon to explore the center of Athens which lies around Acropolis, passing through Plaka, Monastiraki and Thissio with a pleasant atmosphere of the ancient city.
Free day in Athens. Start the morning experiencing a typical Greek coffee and explore the ancient and modern city. Walk the streets of the traditional neighborhoods of Plaka, Monastiraki and Thissio, where modern buildings blend with the old. Experience the spectacular Greek cuisine that is the basis of the Mediterranean diet and follow with a typical greek drink «ouzo» or a good Greek wine and discover the real nightlife that Athens offers.
Enjoy the various optional tours in Athens.
Transfer from your hotel to the airport for your onward flight.
At this point, your day is concluded, and your driver will drop you off to spend the rest of the evening as you like, whether than be at your lodging or elsewhere.
Have you already booked accommodations for your time in Athens? If not, let us take care of everything, and stay hassle-free! Our Greek apartments are centrally located, impeccably maintained, and include the possibilities to accommodate anywhere from 2 to 20 guests. All of our apartments come with luxury Posturpedic mattresses imported from the US, kitchens with fully loaded appliances, and, a rarity in central Athens, washing machines and dryers. Several have balconies or verandas, and nearly all have grand views of the city and its landmarks. For more details, see the Accommodations drop down menu above, and go check out our primary booking website at www.greekvacationrentals.com. In the meantime, feel free to browse your options here:
- 2 Bedrooms (sleeps up to 6), 1.5 Bathrooms
- 1 block away from Acropolis & Ancient Agora
- Private courtyard & garden
- Perfect for families
- 4 Bedrooms (sleeps up to 12), 4 Bathrooms
- All bedrooms include en-suite bathroom
- Veranda and rooftop terrace with unobstructed Acropolis view
- Fully stocked luxury kitchen
- Option for private chef and maid services
- 3 Bedrooms (sleeps up to 12), 3 Bathrooms
- Landscaped outdoor terrace (shared with our neighboring Acropolis View Beta apartment)
- Extensive common area/living space, perfect for large groups
- Recently rehabbed/renovated with brand-new kitchen, appliances, & plumbing
- 3 Bedrooms (sleeps up to 8), 2 Bathrooms
- Landscaped outdoor terrace (shared with Acropolis View AlphaPlus)
- 3 Museums within 1 mile; Acropolis & Old City within 2 miles
- Bedrooms are perfect for families with children
- Created especially for large travel groups: combines Acropolis View AlphaPlus & Beta to form 6 Bedroom, 5 Bathroom megasuite that sleeps up to 24 guests.
- 3 Bedrooms (sleeps up to 9), 2 Bathrooms
- Multi-level apartment, perfect for couples and families travelling together
- Two private verandas, plus roof terrace overlooking Acropolis
- Indoor parking included
- Fully stocked luxury kitchen
- 2.5 Bedrooms (sleeps up to 8), 2 Bathrooms
- Downtown location, walking distance to Acropolis
- Two private verandas perfectly overlooking Mt. Lykavittos
- Two farmers markets nearby – perfect for those who love home cooking!