Want to get to know Athens, but want something outside the box that gives you more than your travel-book sightseeing?
Everyone knows that Athens is famous for its ancient structures, but few realize that the city has a fascinating architectural history continuing far beyond the Ancients. This outside-the-box tour introduces you to the quirks and twists of the great historic Greek capital that only a native would know to look for through its astounding urban landscape.
Are you staying with Greek Vacation Rentals?
Don’t Forget to use your discount code.
Planning on booking multiple tours and transfers, email us for your friends and family discount code.
1-4 persons $259.00 5-8 persons $431.00 9-14 persons $552.00 15-21 persons $587.00 22-50 persons $656.00
- Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Activity Level Leisurely
- Group Size Small Group
Everyone knows that Athens is famous for its ancient structures, but few realize that the city has a fascinating architectural history continuing far beyond the Ancients. This half day (4 hour) private walking tour will introduce you to some of the city’s history by way of its buildings, parks and squares. Led by a licensed architect, lifelong Athenian Minasis mixes her passion for the city’s quirky design and her love for all things architectural during this on and off the beaten path walking tour. If you are like us (and most of our guests) you’ll have a hard time walking through the city afterwards without hearing her stern command to “look up!”
Have you already booked accommodations for your time in Athens? If not, let us take care of everything, and stay hassle-free! Our Greek apartments are centrally located, impeccably maintained, and include the possibilities to accommodate anywhere from 2 to 20 guests. All of our apartments come with luxury Posturpedic mattresses imported from the US, kitchens with fully loaded appliances, and, a rarity in central Athens, washing machines and dryers. Several have balconies or verandas, and nearly all have grand views of the city and its landmarks. For more details, see the Accommodations drop down menu above, and go check out our primary booking website at www.greekvacationrentals.com. In the meantime, feel free to browse your options here:
- 2 Bedrooms (sleeps up to 6), 1.5 Bathrooms
- 1 block away from Acropolis & Ancient Agora
- Private courtyard & garden
- Perfect for families
- 4 Bedrooms (sleeps up to 12), 4 Bathrooms
- All bedrooms include en-suite bathroom
- Veranda and rooftop terrace with unobstructed Acropolis view
- Fully stocked luxury kitchen
- Option for private chef and maid services
- 3 Bedrooms (sleeps up to 12), 3 Bathrooms
- Landscaped outdoor terrace (shared with our neighboring Acropolis View Beta apartment)
- Extensive common area/living space, perfect for large groups
- Recently rehabbed/renovated with brand-new kitchen, appliances, & plumbing
- 3 Bedrooms (sleeps up to 8), 2 Bathrooms
- Landscaped outdoor terrace (shared with Acropolis View AlphaPlus)
- 3 Museums within 1 mile; Acropolis & Old City within 2 miles
- Bedrooms are perfect for families with children
- Created especially for large travel groups: combines Acropolis View AlphaPlus & Beta to form 6 Bedroom, 5 Bathroom megasuite that sleeps up to 24 guests.
- 3 Bedrooms (sleeps up to 9), 2 Bathrooms
- Multi-level apartment, perfect for couples and families travelling together
- Two private verandas, plus roof terrace overlooking Acropolis
- Indoor parking included
- Fully stocked luxury kitchen
- 2.5 Bedrooms (sleeps up to 8), 2 Bathrooms
- Downtown location, walking distance to Acropolis
- Two private verandas perfectly overlooking Mt. Lykavittos
- Two farmers markets nearby – perfect for those who love home cooking!