Acropolis and Museum Tour Walking Tour 22-50 Persons
This is a half day tour of Greece’s most famous historic site: the Acropolis, and the fascinating museums surrounding it. Beginning at the newly reopened Acropolis Museum, our expert guide will take you through all there is to see at one of the world’s most important ancient locales, in addition to a selection of the some of the best archaeological and historical museums in the entire world.
** Haven’t booked accommodations yet? We offer a variety of options from boutique hotels to quaint inns to 4 and 4 star luxury, as well as our own vacation rentals. Ask about our 4-Day, 3-Night Athens multi-day tour experience. Don’t forget, once you are confirmed in one of our RealGreece or Greek Vacation Rental properties you’ll receive a special discount code to book any tour or activity online (or let us do the work & create & book your itinerary).
Are you staying with Greek Vacation Rentals?
Don’t Forget to use your discount code.
Planning on booking multiple tours and transfers, email us for your friends and family discount code.
1-4 persons $260.00 5-8 persons $435.00 9-14 persons $555.00 15-21 persons $590.00 22-50 persons 660.00
- Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Activity Level Moderate
Starting with a walkthrough and coffee break at the state-of-the-art Acropolis Museum (newly reopened less than a decade ago), this tour takes you through some of the most famous and important archaeological and historical sites and artifacts on the planet. The Acropolis itself is truly a sight to behold: dominated by the Parthenon, perhaps the architectural pinnacle of the entire classical world, your guide will show you through all there is to see in the epicenter of ancient Greek life, religion, and politics.
For a full-day look at more than just the Acropolis, please check out our Acropolis & Ancient Agora Tour!
- Private licensed tour guide.
Price of tour does not include the following price of admission to sites however once confirmed we will obtain and provide you with Skip the Line tickets.
- Acropolis and Slopes: €20 for Adults, €10 Reduced (EU citizens over 65 and all university students with ID are eligible). Children under 18 are free.
- Acropolis Museum: €5
- Acropolis and Sites Joint Ticket: €30 for Adults, €15 Reduced. Includes admission to the Acropolis and Slopes in addition to the following Athenian sites:
- Ancient Agora
- Archaeological Museum of Kerameikos
- Museum of the Ancient Agora
- Archaeological Museum of Lykeion
- Hadrian’s Library
- Temple of Olympian Zeus
- Roman Agora of Athens
- Meet Guide Start Your Half Day Tour
This is a full day tour, so our licensed guide can meet you in the morning at your place of accommodation.
- Acropolis Museum Acropolis Museum
The first destination on this tour is the brand-new Acropolis Museum. Less than a decade old, this archaeological museum, just recently named by TripAdvisor as the 8th best in the entire world, houses thousands upon thousands of artifacts recovered from the nearby Acropolis and its surrounding areas. Before you climb to the top of the citadel itself, a walk through the museum is a fascinating peek into the history of what you might find up there. The building itself is a sight to behold, a dazzling work of modern architecture fitting neatly into some of the world’s oldest, and the interior is nothing less, including a live look into some of the still-active excavation sites in the ground the museum is built upon. Price of admission not included with tour.
- Coffee Break Stay Grounded
Before the ascent to the Acropolis, which is an adventure in and of itself (the Greek Akrópolis means, literally, “highest city”), you can stop for an excellent Greek coffee (with a snack, should you so desire!) to boost your energy for the exciting second part of your tour.
- Outside the Walls Theater of the Ancients
Before you enter the gates of the Acropolis proper, you’ll get a good look around some of the fascinating structures on the periphery. In particular, you’ll see two theater buildings that’ll bring to life thousands of years of Greek entertainment culture. The theater of Dionsysus, which held up to 17,000 rowdy Athenians in its heyday, stands at the foot of the Acropolis hill. It is the site of the oldest known theater structure in the world, though some what one sees today is a slightly less ancient renovation carried out by the Romans. Next, further up the slopes, one finds the “Odeon” of Herodes Atticus, a 5,000 seat structure completely restored in the 1950s, and which still holds live performances to this very day!
- Enter the Acropolis The Parthenon & Much More
Though the famed Parthenon, dating to the 5th century BCE and without a doubt the most monumental ancient building in the entire Greek world, is the principal attraction of the Acropolis, the rest of the site is so filled with wonders that you could spend a whole day there without coming near to the end! Starting with the Propylaea, the majestic columned gateway to the entire complex, the other attractions you’ll see here include the Erechtheion, a temple to Athena and Poseidon famous for its quirky design and use of carved statues as columns, the Temple to Athena Nike, a beautifully preserved temple to the Greek goddess of victory, before moving on to the main attraction, the Parthenon itself!
After a long day’s walk around the core of ancient Athens, your guide will direct you to wherever you feel like spending the rest of your evening, whether that’s a place to eat, shop, or just a scenic, leisurely walk back to your apartment.
Have you already booked accommodations for your time in Athens? If not, let us take care of everything, and stay hassle-free! Our Greek apartments are centrally located, impeccably maintained, and include the possibilities to accommodate anywhere from 2 to 20 guests. All of our apartments come with luxury Posturpedic mattresses imported from the US, kitchens with fully loaded appliances, and, a rarity in central Athens, washing machines and dryers. Several have balconies or verandas, and nearly all have grand views of the city and its landmarks. For more details, see the Accommodations drop down menu above, and go check out our primary booking website at www.greekvacationrentals.com. In the meantime, feel free to browse your options here:
- 2 Bedrooms (sleeps up to 6), 1.5 Bathrooms
- 1 block away from Acropolis & Ancient Agora
- Private courtyard & garden
- Perfect for families
- 4 Bedrooms (sleeps up to 12), 4 Bathrooms
- All bedrooms include en-suite bathroom
- Veranda and rooftop terrace with unobstructed Acropolis view
- Fully stocked luxury kitchen
- Option for private chef and maid services
- 3 Bedrooms (sleeps up to 12), 3 Bathrooms
- Landscaped outdoor terrace (shared with our neighboring Acropolis View Beta apartment)
- Extensive common area/living space, perfect for large groups
- Recently rehabbed/renovated with brand-new kitchen, appliances, & plumbing
- 3 Bedrooms (sleeps up to 8), 2 Bathrooms
- Landscaped outdoor terrace (shared with Acropolis View AlphaPlus)
- 3 Museums within 1 mile; Acropolis & Old City within 2 miles
- Bedrooms are perfect for families with children
- Created especially for large travel groups: combines Acropolis View AlphaPlus & Beta to form 6 Bedroom, 5 Bathroom megasuite that sleeps up to 24 guests.
- 3 Bedrooms (sleeps up to 9), 2 Bathrooms
- Multi-level apartment, perfect for couples and families travelling together
- Two private verandas, plus roof terrace overlooking Acropolis
- Indoor parking included
- Fully stocked luxury kitchen
- 2.5 Bedrooms (sleeps up to 8), 2 Bathrooms
- Downtown location, walking distance to Acropolis
- Two private verandas perfectly overlooking Mt. Lykavittos
- Two farmers markets nearby – perfect for those who love home cooking!