A Taste of Greece Foodie Walking Feast with lunch
Greece is nothing short of a foodie’s paradise. However, sometimes the sheer scope of choices and adventures for the taste buds can be a little overwhelming. We understand this, so we’ve created the perfect tour for those who was to really experience the delicious variety of the Greek palate — as only a real Greek can!
Are you staying with Greek Vacation Rentals?
Don’t Forget to use your discount code.
Planning on booking multiple tours and transfers, email us for your friends and family discount code.
Cost is $76/person or $145 minimum ($38 for children under 10).
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Leisurely
Group Size Small Group
An Intro to the Food and Wine of Greece
Forget about all the other tours you might have seen advertised on TripAdvisor, Viator, or anywhere else on the internet. This private tour, personally designed by your friends at Real Greece, takes you on a leisurely walk through all of Greece’s many flavors and scents. Without fail, it is a guest favorite. Ever wonder how the Greeks create those find sheets of light, magical filo dough used to wrap so many of their foods? Now you can find out, while taking a winding journey through the maze of streets in the Athens central market district — stopping, of course, along the way to taste a variety of food products freshly in from the rest of Greece.
You’ll have the chance to do an authentic Greek olive oil taste test, visit some of the city’s oldest traditional spice shops, sausage and cheese mongers, as well as an appointment at an authentic Greek vintner’s wine shop, where you can sample a variety of grape products unique to Greece. We’ll take a break in our favorite hidden koutouki, or, as you might say in english, “joint” — Eleni’s restaurant, which attracts plenty of business and market people, with nary a tourist in sight. Just a few steps off of busy Athenas street, you’ll only find it while escorted by one of our people. You might say lunch at Eleni’s is your special reward for taking this tour. After lunch, you’ll have the option of continuing on your own, or being escorted back to your Athenian apartments by your choice of route. After all, it is your tour!
This is really a great way to navigate through the sometimes overwhelming labyrinth of the city’s market district, and explore an area many visitors never get to see. You won’t find a more unique and personal tour anywhere in Athens.
This tour is three hours and does not include breakfast (see here if you’d like an extra hour with breakfast included), so make sure you get a good rest, work up an appetite, and don’t fill up too much before you leave the house!
Central Market District
Take Your Taste Buds For a Walk!
The true bread and butter of this tour, so to speak, is your guided winding path through the Athens market district, where you can stop to sample any number of the day’s fresh offerings, plus pre-scheduled stops for wine, dough, olive oil, and more!
Nothing Better Than the Real Thing
All this sampling builds up towards a real lunch at Eleni’s, our favorite authentic Greek hole-in-the-wall. Here, you’ll find all sorts of varieties of Athenian life — except for the tourists!
Have you already booked accommodations for your time in Athens? If not, let us take care of everything, and stay hassle-free! Our Greek apartments are centrally located, impeccably maintained, and include the possibilities to accommodate anywhere from 2 to 20 guests. All of our apartments come with luxury Posturpedic mattresses imported from the US, kitchens with fully loaded appliances, and, a rarity in central Athens, washing machines and dryers. Several have balconies or verandas, and nearly all have grand views of the city and its landmarks. For more details, see the Accommodations drop down menu above, and go check out our primary booking website at www.greekvacationrentals.com. In the meantime, feel free to browse your options here:
- 2 Bedrooms (sleeps up to 6), 1.5 Bathrooms
- 1 block away from Acropolis & Ancient Agora
- Private courtyard & garden
- Perfect for families
- 4 Bedrooms (sleeps up to 12), 4 Bathrooms
- All bedrooms include en-suite bathroom
- Veranda and rooftop terrace with unobstructed Acropolis view
- Fully stocked luxury kitchen
- Option for private chef and maid services
- 3 Bedrooms (sleeps up to 12), 3 Bathrooms
- Landscaped outdoor terrace (shared with our neighboring Acropolis View Beta apartment)
- Extensive common area/living space, perfect for large groups
- Recently rehabbed/renovated with brand-new kitchen, appliances, & plumbing
- 3 Bedrooms (sleeps up to 8), 2 Bathrooms
- Landscaped outdoor terrace (shared with Acropolis View AlphaPlus)
- 3 Museums within 1 mile; Acropolis & Old City within 2 miles
- Bedrooms are perfect for families with children
- Created especially for large travel groups: combines Acropolis View AlphaPlus & Beta to form 6 Bedroom, 5 Bathroom megasuite that sleeps up to 24 guests.
- 3 Bedrooms (sleeps up to 9), 2 Bathrooms
- Multi-level apartment, perfect for couples and families travelling together
- Two private verandas, plus roof terrace overlooking Acropolis
- Indoor parking included
- Fully stocked luxury kitchen
- 2.5 Bedrooms (sleeps up to 8), 2 Bathrooms
- Downtown location, walking distance to Acropolis
- Two private verandas perfectly overlooking Mt. Lykavittos
- Two farmers markets nearby – perfect for those who love home cooking!