Three Island Cruise
Many people ask us about visiting an island or two during their stay. With the Three Island Cruise, you can spend an entire day exploring three very different — but equally beautiful and exciting — islands in the Saronic Gulf, just a little while off the Athenian coast.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Group Size Small Group
The Three Island Cruise, for which we partner with an established vacation cruise company, will take you to spend some quality time on three very different (but equally awesome) Saronic islands: Hydra, Poros, and Aegina. Departing in the morning, the cruise bookends busy and adventurous excursions out to the islands (which can include, if desired, guided tours led by the cruise company) with a relaxing glide through the warm summer waters of the Mediterranean. The price includes your round trip transportation between the apartment and the harbor, a Greek lunch buffet with live music, and Greek dancing (drinks on board are extra). This is a terrific way to experience a condensed but fulfilling mini Greek cruise, and our guests really love the experience of moving between the islands on an elegant yacht. You won’t find anything like it anywhere else!
- Transfers to and from Marina
- Buffet lunch on ship
- Breakfast or Dinner
- On board adult beverages
- Tours of islands
Departure from Apartment
Start Your Day Right
At the appointed time, your driver will meet you at your place of accommodation and take you directly to the port, where your cruise day will shortly begin!
Island 1: Hydra
The first stop on your leisurely Saronic cruise will be Hydra (pronounced ee-dra). Chic and trendy due to its spectacular light and quiet, car-free living, Hydra is a popular weekend getaway spot for jet-setting Athenians, as well as artists and vacationers from around the world. Here you can wander its maze of narrow pedestrian paths near the harbor, perhaps stopping in one (or a few!) of the island’s many art galleries and local boutiques. The island also offers a winding, intricate network of walking paths, which anybody with an inclination for a little extra peace and quiet will surely be delighted by.
Island 2: Poros
Calm and Pine-Trees
Though Hydra is far from a bustling metropolis, your next stop, lush, green, and pine-scented Poros, will make it feel like the heart of Manhattan by comparison. Largely untouched by tourism, the town at Poros is a calm and tranquil destination, a chance to see life as it is on hundreds of small Greek islands throughout the Mediterranean. A walk up to Poros’ clock tower, the highest point in the town, is an excellent way to spend your time on the island – the view across the rooftops to the water on one side and the thickly-forested pine trees and vegetation that dominates the other truly cannot be beat.
Island 3: Aegina
Nuts and Temples
The final destination on your island cruise is Aegina, the largest of all the Saronic islands. Its lively fish market and miles of pistachio groves help sustain a lively year-round population, and it is probably best known in tourism circles for its majestic 5th century temple of the goddess Aphaia, built on a mountaintop with a dramatic vista overlooking the entire gulf and the impressive Byzantine monastery of St. Nectarios. The local shop and beach scene on Aegina offers plenty more to occupy your time there, and you’ll almost certainly find yourself wishing you could stay juuuust a little longer!
Time to Reflect
Your driver will meet you at the port upon your return to take you back to your place of accommodation, by roughly 8 PM.
Have you already booked accommodations for your time in Athens? If not, let us take care of everything, and stay hassle-free! Our Greek apartments are centrally located, impeccably maintained, and include the possibilities to accommodate anywhere from 2 to 20 guests. All of our apartments come with luxury Posturpedic mattresses imported from the US, kitchens with fully loaded appliances, and, a rarity in central Athens, washing machines and dryers. Several have balconies or verandas, and nearly all have grand views of the city and its landmarks. For more details, see the Accommodations drop down menu above, and go check out our primary booking website at www.greekvacationrentals.com. In the meantime, feel free to browse your options here:
- 2 Bedrooms (sleeps up to 6), 1.5 Bathrooms
- 1 block away from Acropolis & Ancient Agora
- Private courtyard & garden
- Perfect for families
- 4 Bedrooms (sleeps up to 12), 4 Bathrooms
- All bedrooms include en-suite bathroom
- Veranda and rooftop terrace with unobstructed Acropolis view
- Fully stocked luxury kitchen
- Option for private chef and maid services
- 3 Bedrooms (sleeps up to 12), 3 Bathrooms
- Landscaped outdoor terrace (shared with our neighboring Acropolis View Beta apartment)
- Extensive common area/living space, perfect for large groups
- Recently rehabbed/renovated with brand-new kitchen, appliances, & plumbing
- 3 Bedrooms (sleeps up to 8), 2 Bathrooms
- Landscaped outdoor terrace (shared with Acropolis View AlphaPlus)
- 3 Museums within 1 mile; Acropolis & Old City within 2 miles
- Bedrooms are perfect for families with children
- Created especially for large travel groups: combines Acropolis View AlphaPlus & Beta to form 6 Bedroom, 5 Bathroom megasuite that sleeps up to 24 guests.
- 3 Bedrooms (sleeps up to 9), 2 Bathrooms
- Multi-level apartment, perfect for couples and families travelling together
- Two private verandas, plus roof terrace overlooking Acropolis
- Indoor parking included
- Fully stocked luxury kitchen
- 2.5 Bedrooms (sleeps up to 8), 2 Bathrooms
- Downtown location, walking distance to Acropolis
- Two private verandas perfectly overlooking Mt. Lykavittos
- Two farmers markets nearby – perfect for those who love home cooking!